20 December 2008

Most Annoying Airline Passengers Ever

Dec 19th 2008By Carol Hartsell


There's nothing like the holiday season for spreading joy and promoting goodwill. And there's nothing like holiday travel for putting a bullet in the head of that ill-conceived universal goodwill. And now it's worse than ever. Higher ticket prices, extra charges for bags, more expensive in-flight cocktails (have you no decency, Delta?), all just add more insult to injury. In fact, the only travelers seeing their luck improve are overweight Canadians, who now have the legal right to purchase two seats for the price of one. But the misery that is airline travel isn't solely the fault of the airlines themselves. Our fellow passengers do their part, too (remember "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"?). To wit, we've compiled a list of the worst offenders in the aggravating airline passenger yearbook. Check it out, and see who you recognize. And, of course, let us know who we forgot.




I have a 34" inseam, and most of my leg length is from my hips to my knees. I try to get a seat at the front of the coach section or one at an emergency exit to prevent my knees from hitting the seat in front of me. Hoowever, such seating is unavailable. Unfortunately, I frequently sit behind someone who insists on reclining, and then complains about my knees in their back. Sowhen possible, I have to use my frequent flier miles to upgrade to business class.

The last flight we took I had a similar issue... The guy in front of me was particularly large, and kept throwing his back against the chair which inevitably made the tray in front of me unlatch and slap me in the knees. Every time. Good flight.Erinhttp://www.thenakedhippie.com/Organic T-shirts

We forgot several major annoyances.1) The idiot with the headphones who plays his music so loud that he might as well have a boom box.2) The obese person who thinks it is his right to take his seat and half of yours as well.3) The moron who walks on the plane with a bag of McDonalds burgers and fries and smells up the entire plane while feeding his face.4) The moron who has so much junk that he stows his crap in the space above your seat so you have no place to put your coat or carry on.

I agree with you on this - the airlines should adjust coach seats so that they don't recline. There's no reason for someone to get on the plane, sit down and immediately recline the seat...so inconsiderate of others.

I am confused about something. If people aren't suppose to recline their seats, then why do the seats recline? I recline my seat and if the guy behind me doesn't like it, then maybe he shouldn't be flying coach.

The problem with the reclining seats is the person in front of me puts their seat back, then I have to put mine back to get more room, probably forcing the person behind me to put theirs back. Its like dominos.

Get over the reclining seat back. It was made to recline by the manufacturer so as to be more comfortable in flight. You better hope your legs are not pushed into my seatback. Recline your seat back and you will be more comfortable. Your space is from the back edge of the seat in front of you to the back edge of your seat.

I am a retired Flight Attendant with AA, and I can give you even more annoying things that passengers did and still do I sure! The one thing that bugged me the most are people who seat in the Bulk head seats and put their dirty shoes, bare feet or even put their feet on the carpeted walls. Do you put your feet on your walls at home or work? This is/was my work space and you need to respect that! Also those of you who do this, let me tell you that on one of my legs ORD to LAX I had a guy put his bare feet the whole trip on the wall, he had sores on his feet, then my return flight back to ORD a young woman put her bare feet on the same wall, I finally told her during the flight about the guy with sores on his feet that did that, (and we dont clean that wall in between flights) she put them down right away and said that she never thought about that, by the end of our flight she told me that each foot was getting ichy . Daaaaaaaaaaaa.

Airline seats recline for a reason, for us to use. If it bothers you fly first class

I agree with you Lin. I just recently traveled to Hawaii and I was lucky going there since I had a seat in the front of the plane and was able to strech my legs and rest. On the way back; however, is a different story. I got a seat in the middle of the plane and it was a horrible trip coming home (I took a red eye flight too!). I thought I could sleep on the way home since I had to be at work the next morning. NOT! A very large man sat in the seat in front of me and insisted in reclining the seat as far back as it could go. I had to keep pushing the seat with my knees to let him know, he's hurting my legs. I didn't even have enough leg room to strech and had to put my laptop on my lap while we were in the air just so I could put my feet on the ground. The people next to me were anoying since they decided to bring chips and snacks on board and kept eating the chips with their mouth's open. I don't like to hear people eat and they did the entire 6 hours of the flight. Needless to say, I stopped by my office on the way home to get ready for work and let my boss know that I had no sleep, he told me to stay home, but, I went to work anyway just so that I could sleep that night because I wouldn't have if I slept all day.

9. Everyone in First Class. They won't even deign to look at you when you board.That's the truth! I wonder why.

WHY DO PEOPLE NEED TO LOOK AT YOU ??? YOU MUST BE A LOOSER TO THINK THAT AIRTRAVEL IS AS IMPORTANT TO THE GUY IN FIRST CLASS AS IT IS TO YOU.

Because people in first class understand how horrible it is to fly coach and are thankful that the are in first class, either because they or their company paid for it or they got an upgrade by using miles or airline status.

I think, it has more to do with business traveling.They travel so much that, some how they need to tune every thing out.I know it is not personal.


The reason the people in first class don't even look at you is because they have too much other shit to do. Like respond to emails from their blackberry. Sorry your life is unimportant.

My mom always told me it was impolite to stare. I tend to mind my own business.

I don't understand why people care if the people in 1st class look at you when you board. I frequently fly 1st class with my family because my dad has frequent flyer miles from business travel and I try not to look at people who are boarding because I feel uncomfortable staring at people as they walk down the aisles. So get over hating the people who sit in 1st ,the majority of the people there are business travelers who spend most of their time away from home and their families.

HERE'S A GREAT ONE: THE B-----d who shuves HIS suitcase into your overhead, THEN WALKS DOWN THE ISLE SO HE CAN LEAVE FASTER ....HE ONLY gets his bag as he walks OUT THE DOOR and leaves YOU to have no room to store YOUR BAG. Nice guy!or how about this one, AN IDIOT GIRL who says to the flight attendant, "Would you put that up there for me?".............oh NICE.....like the flight attendant is strong as a man? Its not her job to be able to life a 50lb bag into the air girlies.She has a delicate spine too!......STOP making female flight attendants into men!

No comments: